375 Pantherkill Road
With LIVESTREAM option.
April 22-25, 2021
In-Person: Base price $525 + Varies with Lodging options - Click "Get Tickets" above to purchase tickets to the in-person event. Add-on options for CE & CME tickets at checkout.
Livestream: Base price $525. CE and CME available with additional cost. Click here to register for the livestream event.
Elizabeth Nielson, Ingmar Gorman and two assistant trainers will be present.
Psychedelic compounds have a rich and fascinating history of use in spiritual and healthcare settings. After a nearly 60-year hiatus, recent advances in clinical research indicate that these medicines may soon be available to the public as treatments for some of humanity’s most profound forms of suffering: alcoholism, drug addiction, PTSD, and depression. Psychotherapists and other healthcare providers are increasingly called upon to help clients integrate profoundly meaningful psychedelic experiences into the fabric of their daily lives, resulting in long-term positive changes.
This 3-day retreat is designed for clinicians and healthcare providers who want to learn more about current psychedelic research and clinical practice, including how to work with patients who have a history of psychedelic use or have expressed an interest in using psychedelics. This interactive training includes experiential learning, demonstrations, self-reflection, and role-play exercises. The themes of spirituality, ethics, and critical discussion will be woven throughout the program with opportunities for connection, collaboration, and building community.
We start with the premise that your patients are curious about psychedelic research, and so are you! The early part of our program gives some background on psychedelic compounds, their history, and current research with MDMA and Psilocybin-assisted therapy. We then discuss recent and current clinical trials, outcomes, legal status, and what it all means for the future of addiction and trauma treatment. We then move to the practicalities of defining integration and how it can occur in a clinical setting. We focus on translating research findings into clinical practice, including working with patients who are considering using psychedelics, actually using psychedelics, or have used them in the past. This program includes discussion of assessment and integration techniques, resources, and legal and ethical issues. Program participant clinicians will complete the retreat with a conceptual and practical understanding of how to engage clients in discussions about psychedelics that are balanced, reduce potential for harm, and increase the potential for benefit from these experiences.
Thursday, April 22nd
Friday, April 23rd
Saturday, April 24th
Sunday, April 25th
Schedule is subject to change at any time.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
Continuing Education (CE)
• CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
• The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
• LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
• SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
• For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact David Gumpel at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE credits, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
• The filing fee for CEs for this program is $65, please select the CE option at checkout.
For Medical Professionals
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cine-Med and Medical Resource Association. Cine-Med is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Ciné-Med designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.